The following eleven values have been adopted by Calvary Chapel
as expressing the heart and aim of our ministry:
- Calvary Chapel seeks to declare the whole council of God, Acts 20:27, believing that the best program to achieve this is a systematic study of the entire Bible in an expositional manner.
- Calvary Chapel looks to the New Testament book of Acts as the divine model for the Church. We don't look simply to church history or movements, but rely rather on the Word of God.
- Calvary Chapel has a basic form of leadership that is modeled after the theocracy of Israel as well as the insights of leadership in the New Testament. We believe the Pastor is to lead the church as he feels directed by the Holy Spirit with elders coming alongside, directing the affairs of the church. 1 Timothy 5:17
- Calvary Chapel recognizes the experience of the empowering work of the Holy Spirit as distinct and usually separate from the indwelling of the Spirit that occurs at the point of salvation.
- Calvary Chapel practices a relaxed, casual style of ministry. We do not allow spiritual hype to motivate people, but rely on the teaching of God's Word coupled with the ministry of the Holy Spirit. We teach the Word and trust the Lord to add so the Church such as should be saved.
- Calvary Chapel places a large emphasis on God's grace, recognizing we are saved by grace and stand in grace.
- Calvary Chapel emphasizes the centrality of Jesus Christ in all things. He is the reason we meet and the One whom we serve. We seek to eliminate anything that places undo focus on anyone or anything but Christ.
- Calvary Chapel is solidly pre-tribulation and pre-millennial in our eschatology.
- Calvary Chapel believes in a balance between the biblical concepts of God's sovereign election and man's responsibility.
- Calvary Chapel believes in the supremacy of love, without which all the gifts of the Spirit are useless.
- Calvary Chapel believes in taking ventures of faith.